2019 CODE OF CONDUCT
A Note on Gender
Our mission is to help people from all marginalized genders/sexes in tech. That means trans women, trans men, non-binary folks, and allies are all welcome to join us.
Harassment will not be tolerated by the conference participants under any circumstances. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, financial status, political views, technology choices, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Sponsors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, sponsors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, Fleurix organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from Fleurix with no refund. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of Fleurix staff immediately. Conference staff can be identified as they'll be wearing branded clothing and/or badges.
We expect participants to follow these rules at conference venues and conference-related social events.
Code of Conduct
- I am an attendee at Fleurix and I am here to learn, grow, and build a community with my fellow participants
- I understand that certain imagery and language that is suggestive or derogatory can offend or make others uncomfortable and that people have different values and sensibilities than my own
- I will accept when I am told that my behavior is offensive and/or unacceptable and cease to participate in that behavior
- I will never intentionally harass or offend another attendee regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, appearance, size, race or religion and will not abide another attendee being harassed or offended
- If I am aware that anyone is uncomfortable or unsafe, I will notify those giving offense and the Fleurix organizers
- If I am offended or harassed, I will inform people around me who make me feel safe and the event organizers. If I feel safe, at my discretion, I will inform those giving offense of the specific actions with the hope that the other party is well-intentioned and ignorant, but I am under no obligation to do so
Terms and Conditions
Transferring your place
We’ll happily transfer your place to a lucky colleague or friend if needed. Please let us know as soon as possible and ideally no later than 7 days before the event – email firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will not be offered as it is difficult to plan a small-budget event like Fleurix.
Photos, footage, and quotes
We photograph our events and by registering you give us permission to use any images or footage taken of you during the event. We reserve the right to reproduce quotes and feedback submitted in a public sphere, which will be fully credited.
Occasionally a speaker may drop out of our conference program as we’ve advertised it and we reserve the right to substitute them. Our schedule is also subject to minor changes in timing until closer to the event.